Thursday, February 15, 2018

A coronet and scroll for Anastasia

Oh man, I thought I posted this.
Once upon a time there was an amazing lady known and Anastasia of the Oaks. She quietly organized everything behind the scenes for two sets of Barons/Baronesses and is a pillar of Stonemarche.
Once upon a time we asked that she be made a baroness and their majesties said yes, but here's the catch, you only have like, two weeks to get this done.
I was contacted to do a coronet and said 'Yeah, I can do that on top of all my other Birka prep. Sure.' I would embroider and build it and because Anastasia is a weaver, we would weave trim for it. My mother, Mistress Deirdre, is a great weaver. No biggie, of course she would help.
The next morning I was contacted by my Laurel to do the scroll.
Master Harold would be doing the calligraphy, I would do the illumination.
Yeah. Okay. Sure.

[[Note: My phone uploaded these photos before crashing and I am having the worst time convincing Blogger to move the images around into any sort of order. I would reupload them but I can't find where I put the backup SD card. I know I have it, I'm sorry this is a mess.]]




There were issues getting the gold down properly - I put the miniatum on too thick and it wrinkled. I ended up slicing them off the pergament and putting new dots on.

There were issues with the embroidery I did - I thought I was using kloisterstitch properly and due to my tension on the fabric, it totally warped with I attempted to couch them onto the coronet. I ended up appliqueing on linen squares instead. Super lucky for me, I had the EXACT right shade of blue on hand. What are the odds?


 My son is always my head model.







Here is Anastasia and her coronet:

Vivat, your Excellency! Thank you for your work and inspiring all of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment