Monday, November 13, 2017

Gifts for the taking of an Apprentice

So being apprenticed by not one, but two amazing Laurels that I have respected and admired for years will take a longer post, but for now, I wanted to get my act together with posting what I make.

While I worked away at a scroll assignment from my Baron (post to come) I needed something else to work on while the gouache dried. So I took a quote from Canterbury Tales and a page from the Macclesfield Psalter (I think. I can't find the link/source right now.) and decided to do a cute little piece for my Tailoring/Research Laurel, Mistress Astryda Borowska.
And I gotta practice my Gothic hand but look at my tiny knight!


Look at him! He's so SMALL. And I'm sorry the light is so bad. I was using the only lamp I had and it was terrible. I have a new lamp now and it's much better.
So with that piece done, I did a little sewn piece for my Illumination/Calligraphy Laurel, Master Harold von Auerbach.


Those are his arms! Aren't they great?


It was supposed to be a bookmark but the embroidery was too thick so I ended up fingerloop braiding and finishing it up to make it a marker/tie-on whatever thing. It's nice, but I really had no plan and it shows.
I got it all done in time for Baronial Birthday however, and I signed a lovely contract and was embarrassed to no end by complements. 
(Thanks to Lee for this picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment